Saturday, January 5, 2008

Detox Day 4

Well the start of a new year means another detox to clean up shop and start fresh. Things are going well for me - feeling good and don't miss much. My biggest obstacle this time is my husband.... his constant complaining of being unsatisfied and grumpy is taking its toll on me. He says I would be grumpy if the tables were turned and I had to eat and drink nothing but wheat, dairy, sugar, alcohol, and caffeine. Yes my body would indeed revolt.

Made some tasty detox-friendly sweet potato pancakes today.... grated a large sweet potato and a zucchini, added some paprika, sea salt, and pepper and bound everything together with some chickpea flour and my favourite egg replacer (flaxseed simmered with water). Made them into little patties and quickly browned them on a skillet before throwing them into the oven. TASTY!

No comments: