Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snack Idea Before Dinner

It's been busy since I've been back from Edmonton and my body is in yoga withdrawal. Getting lunches and dinners together has been difficult this week as Chris and I have been getting home late.

Yesterday I was able to pop into TNT (an Asian supermarket) down the street between patients to pick up some edamame or soybeans. It was so easy and quick that it was the perfect snack when we got home starving and we had to wait for our veggie stir-fry to finish cooking. Threw the frozen edamame in some salted boiling water for 2 minutes, drained them, and then shook them with some large sea salt crystals and a mix of hot spices. We munched away while our dinner was cooking! Almost as tasty as the edamame we love at Kinki (sushi restaurant) in Ottawa.

My dad would be shocked seeing us pay for and eat a bag of soybeans, a crop that caused him so much stress over the years!

No comments: