Monday, May 26, 2008

Golf Course Snacks

Yes I golf. I started a few years ago and have come to love being outside on the courses trying to hit this little white ball around, to make it go into a hole. I took lessons from the beginning so I've learned properly and Chris is very patient so we've had a lot of fun over the last couple of years playing together!

I do think there needs to be a little refinement in the food and beverage aspect of the game though.
18 holes takes between 4 and 5 hours and I like to walk versus taking a cart, (when we're allowed to), so I get maximum exercise. I like to eat every 3-4 hours - it's important - it's keeps blood sugar balanced and metabolism going smoothly. This poses a problem on the golf course unless I take an apple and/or a protein bar to snack on.

I understand that for many people golf can be about the beverages (beer) and the food (mayo-laden tuna or egg sandwiches and/or chili dogs) but I do believe there needs to be some healthier options. How about some green tea for those cold mornings? How about roasted veggies on spelt bread? How about a little mix of unroasted almonds and walnuts and some fresh fruit?

No comments: