Monday, September 8, 2008

90% of the time be good.....

Well remember that saying in the last blog - this weekend clearly wasn't one of those times....

We had brunch with our good friends Kirsten and Matthew on Sunday at the Drake. Kirsten suggested the Drake because it has a variety of breakfasts so everyone would be happy. I had the yogurt and granola and fruit - can't go wrong with this and I also knew there were perogies in my future that day as my parents and my sister were coming over for dinner!

Problem came when Kirsten gave Chris his birthday gift in a beautiful green box. She spent the morning baking cookies and brownies topped with this fudgey icing and layering them carefully in the box. The 4 of us also discussed more ideas of food network tv shows as Kirsten is a great cook and baker... I could take her recipes and make some substitutions to make them healthy! (Apparently I would be the one that would take all the fun out of recipes!)

No comments: