Thursday, November 6, 2008

Crazy October...

Wow.... I cannot believe it's November and the sun is shining! For those of you who wondered what happened to my blogs in October - I'm back! It's been super busy around the clinic with people wanting to boost their immune systems for the upcoming winter season, last minute fall detoxes, seminars etc.

I also just finished up my 3rd annual mom's group detox. As usual they are always great - super motivated about their health, always asking me lots of great questions. It was interesting because they are finally noticing that the more often they do the cleanses the better they feel overall and the easier it's getting. They now have a great repetoire of detox recipes which always is the key to a successful detox. AND yes I'm still working on the detox cookbook.... Hopefully now with the craziness over I can focus my "extra" energy on that!

October 18th weekend was the annual OAND conference. Usually some great inspiring speakers on various topics, great "naturopathic food", and a supplier show always showing the newest researched products. I was super busy this year leading up to the conference as I was asked to speak on managing pain in a primary care practice. So needless to say, being my first time speaking in front of peers, it was nervewracking but I managed.

My lean, mean, yoga machine of a sister was also in town for 2 weeks for a level 2 moksha teacher training so I tried to see her as much as possible. Look for a butternut squash soup recipe we tried at Yorkdale's William Sonoma on Tuesday. It was wonderful - I got their recipe but have to try to recreate their bottled squash puree!

Ok back to work....

No comments: