Sunday, December 14, 2008

Facials!

I just finished doing a facial with my mother-in-law and brother-in-law's girlfriend at home. It was a great chance to relax for an hour and try out different products on our faces. It totally reminded me of my sister Angela and I doing 'facials' when we were growing up. We used to love using the St. Ives products from Shoppers - the price-point was right and we felt we were doing something great for our skin!

So today we were using Yonka products - I usually use their gel cleanser and one of their nighttime moisturizers but Jane had some fun products in her drawer, like the serum, rose water, and a couple of masks. So we started by cleansing, then used a gel peel off mask called gomage, then the rose water, followed by a mask, finishing with a serum and moisturizer. It was lovely. It wasn't exactly the experience of getting a facial with Reni but nonetheless it did the trick!

This reminds me of an article I read in the Post yesterday about how with the tough economic times ahead people are losing their "luxury people" first. So people, especially women, may put a professional facial on hold for the next year but may buy a lipstick or do a facial at home to keep the feeling of doing something nice for themselves.

No comments: