Sunday, February 8, 2009

Edmonton Visit!

YAY! I'm back in Edmonton visiting my sister Angela and her wonderful Moksha yoga studio. It's great to be back and see how the studio is growing day by day. It's also been great to do a little yoga bootcamp, working on my tight hip flexors and hamstrings! I also had a chance to catch up with my friends, and colleagues, Andrea and Arnel and their 2 beautiful kids, who drove up from Calgary.

Although it's technically a little vacation away from the clinic I have been busy putting my sister's nutrition back on track. As a true older sister, I have been reminding (read lecturing) her how important it is to eat properly and how easy it is to cook even when you are crazy busy. Healthy eating is all about being prepared and organized. Yes it takes work to eat well but it is necessary to feel good and more importantly to perform well mentally and physically. Although it can be really easy to eat out and grab things on the fly, it's expensive and never as nutritious as homemade food.

So we've been meal planning and writing down a few easy meals to have at Ang's fingertips.

No comments: