Sunday, May 24, 2009

Busy Weekend - Friends, Tears, Family, and Spring Foods

We just got back from Waterloo. We went for a quick Saturday afternoon trip to Kitchener to see a friend who is battling brain cancer. She is unbelievably positive and doing well. It was nice to see so many of her friends in one spot to celebrate her. Alyson is a highschool friend of one my best friends, Anna, as well as Chris. Chris and Alyson were actually co-presidents in highschool! As some of you know that's how I met Chris - Anna and I became friends in naturopathic school (CCNM) and she introduced us.

Since we were in the area we decided to spend the night at Chris' parents and as usual had a great time chatting and eating. Jane had all the local seasonal fruits and veg and some mennonite maple syrup from Lucknow for us. Of course local asparagus, some rhubarb (she made some stewed rhubarb with fresh strawberries for breakfast), and had a cherry tomato seedling ready for me to plant in a planter on the balcony all came back with us! So this afternoon, after yoga, I want to try to find a new rhubarb recipe for the few stalks we took home. The usual is strawberry rhubarb crisp but I think I should venture out and try something different. I'll let you know what ends up happening!

No comments: