Thursday, July 23, 2009

Raw Raspberry Cheesecake

I think I have perfected it. This will be my third time making this cheesecake but the first time for Chris. I learned my lesson the first time with the avocado pie, that I must divulge what the 'item' is made of and not try to 'fool' my husband.

If you don't receive the ZH newsletter every month go onto the website (www.zawadahealth.com) and click under July newsletter to get this recipe. It is so refreshing and no one will guess what the inside is made of -- cashews, orange juice, lemon juice, coconut butter, and honey!

The recipe itself is very simple but there are a couple of things that will make the cheesecake even better. When blending the crust in the food processor, allow the mixture to ball up. This is unlike the date and almond crust for the raw avocado pie as this one just requires coarse crumbs. Second tip is go the extra distance and buy fresh oranges and lemons and squeeze them yourself - it makes a huge difference in the tangy filling. Last thing is try to dry out the cashews after soaking them.

No comments: