Sunday, August 16, 2009

Greentainers

Check this product out. http://www.greentainer.ca

I was walking along Bloor in Bloor West Village this morning and passed by a children's store (Diaper-eez) that I've walked by a hundred times but never stopped to check things out. This time the window caught my eye so I walked in surrounded by BPA-free bottles, soothers, baby clothes, and toys!

I have been slowly throwing out all my plastic tupperware with the intention of buying new glass ones. I always hesitate because of the weight. Lately I've been using glass jars, much to my husband's dismay. Our one corner kitchen cupboard is a disaster with empty salsa or almond butter jars, spilling over everywhere.

Anyway so these greentainers are stainless steel, a safe alternative to plastic containers, and can be bought with lock mechanisms. They come in a few sizes. I took down the information, ready to check out their website and noted I could go back and purchase! The lady at the store said the containers are easily opened by kids 7 years old and up.

No comments: