Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Scones - Acceptable Dinner?

Today in a rare event I left the clinic early and was actually home by 5:30 pm. I also figured out that this is when the majority of my neighbours come home as I never see them when getting home at 7:30!

I was determined to finishing testing out a chicken nugget recipe for my detox cookbook and try another recipe from the Babycakes cookbook. So the chicken nuggets were fantastic - I finally figured out the right proportions of herbs and rice crackers for the 'coating'!

I made the raspberry scones and not only was it a super easy recipe with only a few ingredients, but it turned out beautifully. They only had spelt flour, coconut oil, agave nectar, baking powder, salt, and raspberries. Ok soooooooo back to the banana bread..... as many of you can see the author (or someone from Babycakes) commented on my blog and I will email her as suggested about what happened and let you know as my receptionist has also had problems with the banana bread but said the cupcakes were delicious and no problem to make. I'll let you know what I find out!

Anyway so I had the chicken nuggets and had full intentions on making green beans and kale for dinner but the scones smelled so good, so I had one and now have no desire to make my veggies!!!!

No comments: