Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jalapeno Corer

Ok gotta love Williams Sonoma.... I got a great birthday package in the mail yesterday filled with Williams Sonoma goodies. I was giddy with my new kitchen goods while Chris was rolling his eyes, knowing that it was just going to become harder to find things in our kitchen drawers with more gadgets.

Never heard or seen of a jalapeno corer before ... this is fantastic. I haven't tried it yet to see if it actually works and gets all of those little hot seeds out but I'll let you know.

Here's a little dressing to try next time you buy a jalapeno! It's tangy and definitely has some bite. I love this over any salad or over warm sweet potatoes!

1 clove of garlic
1 jalapeno
juice of 1 lime
olive oil
sea salt and pepper

In a small food chopper (another kitchen gadget!) pulse the garlic, jalapeno,sea salt and pepper. Add the lime and puree for a minute. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil and puree together until well combined!

Chris may not welcome the jalapeno corer but I think he's happy about all the pie baking paraphenalia! Thanks AK!!!!!!

No comments: