Thursday, December 10, 2009

Breakfast Frozen in Cubes!

With the chilly mornings here a warm cereal is a nice way to start the day. Rushing around in the morning usually doesn't make cooking steel cuts oats for 30 minutes an option for a lot of people; so what I usually recommend is making a big batch and keeping in the fridge for 3 or 4 days and just reheating each morning.

A complaint I sometimes hear with doing this is "I get bored and don't want to have the same thing each morning for breakfast." Soooooo I always have an answer for every complaint I hear and here is my answer for this one:

Line ice cube trays with plastic wrap. Fill each cube with oatmeal, cover with plastic wrap and freeze. Once frozen solid, remove the cubes from the ice tray and freeze in a plastic bag. For each portion, thaw three or four cubes in a microwave on the defrost setting (or better yet on a stove). Add additional rice milk and almonds or flaxseed and enjoy!

No comments: