Friday, February 19, 2010

Raw Lunch

Today has been a bit of a mish mash day... running around doing a few errands... the highlight was my lunch.

Bright and early I took our car in for an oil change and a car wash (Dad taught me well!), then did a quick spin through Yorkdale to pick up a few things (a pair of new shoes randomly found their way into my bag!), and then swung by a raw food restaurant called Rawlicious in the Junction for lunch before ending up at Starbucks.

I don't usually go out for lunch as I have lots of things at home that I could have easily made a meal out of AND obviously it isn't as expensive. However today I had to finish up an article that I'm co-writing for Naturopathic Doctor News & Review, a monthly paper that provides relevant information to naturopathic doctors and provides a forum to share information. It's for their anti-aging issue and I'm writing about cosmetic acupuncture, and skincare.

Anyway ... because of my 'obsession' with the Olympics I haven't been able to focus at home long enough to finish this article, so today I decided I was not going to go home after my errands and instead work at Starbucks. Because of timing I realized I needed to buy lunch out. I remembered Rawlicious was on Dundas and that I've always wanted to try it. It was delicious... cute place (I did take out though).... I had the spaghetti bolognese! The 'noodles' were thin strings of zucchini and the sauce was a blend of pesto and tomato sauce AND it had 'neatballs' that were amazing. It tasted so creamy and delicious. So this place is raw, vegan, and gluten-free and has a small but specialized menu. If you haven't tried making something 'raw' at home or tried a raw food restaurant, give it a try. Nothing is cooked above 118F,so you get all the vitamins, minerals and natural enzymes of the food. Delicious and healthy - my favourite combination!

No comments: