Friday, March 19, 2010

Kale for My Friends

I'm just about to leave to visit with a group of university friends. We're all meeting at Lisa's house and each of us offered to bring a side dish or dessert to make up the meal.

I'm bringing kale. Not sure if Noreen, Lisa, Cindy, or Stacey has ever had kale but this will be a good opportunity for them to try it.... I was downtown today so I went to Whole Foods to buy some beautiful organic kale. They had 4 or 5 varieties so I went with the dinosaur kale which is thinner, darker, and not as leafy as the other variety I bought. I washed and cut the kale into strips and then steamed it for 3 minutes. While it was steaming I quickly blended 2 tbsp of tahini, 2 tbsp braggs (pure soy sauce), and 1 1/2 tbsp of honey. It seemed a bit thick today so I added a tsp of water to thin it out a bit and then poured it on top of the kale and mixed it all together. I sprinkled 2 tbsp of sesame seeds and did a final quick mix.

Off I go!

No comments: