Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I have a lot to be thankful for ... I have spent the last 5 days surrounded by family and lots of love. My sister Ang came home from Edmonton for a visit - one of my receptionists, Sabrina, was in cahoots with Chris and Ang and had moved around my busy schedule without me knowing! My brother-in-law, David was also in town (from Winnipeg) so we had a full house filled with fun and laughs.

Of course Ang coming to town, meant more yoga! Thursday night we checked out a new Moksha studio that opened in Hamilton (www.mokshayogahamilton.com) and did an evening class. BEAUTIFUL studio. Amy and Nicole have done a wonderful job in creating a space that flows perfectly and is elegant with clean lines. No trip to Hamilton ends without a McMaster tour and drive through memory lane. We were starving after yoga so we went to The Bean Bar in Westdale, a restaurant my parents would take me to once in awhile when they came to visit. Same menu, same vibe as YEARS ago.... loved it. Always a great feeling to drive through the area and remember all the great spots including Cootes Paradise, where I used to run.

Friday morning we got up and checked out another new studio - Power Yoga Canada's Liberty Village studio. Cool spot on Liberty Street with exposed brick inside! We did a 90 minute power yoga class and I got to see Ang attempt a headstand which was great. Glad it wasn't super hot in there as my scapulas and my gluts were starting to seize due to the class the night before!

Friday night the 4 siblings made a big feast including two Delicious Detox faves - the halibut and the crunchy broccoli. It was great for all of us to spend the night together and it finished with the Morley's favourite Baskin Robbins, World Class Chocolate ice cream.

Saturday was spent in Waterloo, for a luncheon wedding (congrats Laurie and Jason!) and then a great evening with my in-laws. Sunday we were off to Niagara to visit my parents and of course more food. I'm grateful the weather was so nice as it enabled us to go for a walk a couple of times during the day, after lunch and after dinner.

Today we dropped Ang off at the airport ..... booooo.... and then we went home to do some work and organize ourselves for the week. I had picked up a recent copy of Tonic magazine at the Cheese Boutique on Friday but didn't have a chance to read through it until today. I was pleasantly surprised to see a short little book review on Delicious Detox. Tonic says `Dr.Morley explains the basics of detox programs and provides an incredible array of mouth-watering recipes that will make you want to detox permanently.`

This line was so amazing to read as this last part of the sentence is exactly what I wanted to accomplish with the book. You can eat like this more than just for 3 weeks, twice a year. The recipes are also easy to make so you don`t have to be a chef and they are fairly quick to make with most dishes on the table in less than 30 minutes.

I also was opening mail and opened up my Alumni magazine from McMaster, McMaster Times. They mentioned on their author page my name and book! Crazy!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had a chance to share some food and love with their loved ones. AND if you ate too much, that`s ok. Tomorrow is a new day, start over, and remember to get back on track for either the xmas party season or all-inclusive bikini season or just plain ole` good health.

No comments: