Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thai Yoga Massage

Yesterday we were sitting reading all the papers as is our Saturday mornings, and I happened upon a little 'musthave' in the National Post's Toronto section about Thai yoga massage.

At Zawada Health we currently have 6 massage therapists(2 currently on mat leave), and 1 specifically that does Thai yoga massage. Kelly Yutronkie has been a registered massage therapist for 7 years and has additional certification in Thai yoga massage. The first time I had it done, I wasn't sure what to expect as there were no oils and had my yoga clothes on. It wasn't nap-inducing like a regular massage, it was actually energizing with a twist of relaxation. Kelly stretched me through several rhythmic movements and applied pressure on certain acupressure points or meridians. She guided my body using her own body weight, with arms and legs to enhance the stretch.

It's a great cross between massage and yoga AND because it's done by a registered massage therapist at Zawada Health, your benefits will cover it!

No comments: