Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sparks Nutrition Talk

Growing up I never did Sparks or Girl Guides or anything like that. Let's be honest.... I wasn't allowed. Mom and Dad thought what life skills I needed to learn I was going to learn at home on the farm. Ditto for summer camps.... So when I was asked to do a nutrition talk for a group of 4-6 year old girls I was thrilled.

I try to prepare by asking my friends with children that age what I was getting myself into. I had so much fun! They were trying to get their 'being healthy badge' so I prepared some games matching fruits and vegetables to their names and then matching those vegetables to the body part that it helps! So for example carrots are good for the eyes and blueberries are good for the brain, etc....

The girls were wonderful and we ended the session using my stethoscope so everyone could listen to their hearts!

No comments: